Mayway Lecture Series
Please Join Us As the Mayway Lecture Series Welcomes:
offered by Acupuncturists Without Borders
9:15 am - 5:30 pm Saturday and 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Sunday
Approved for 15 CEUs and 15 PDAs including 4.5 hours of ethics (NCCAOM, CA, TX, FL).
This interactive two-day workshop prepares acupuncturists, students and others health professionals to provide trauma relief and recovery programs in their own communities. AWB training strengthens the clinical, organizing and leadership skills that acupuncturists need to establish disaster relief efforts and community service clinics for people affected by trauma in the U.S. and Internationally. Learn More
Some of the valuable skills you will learn in this training:
- Set up a mobile acupuncture field clinic for trauma recovery in your community
- Set up a local Community Service Clinic to treat veterans, military personnel, refugees, survivors of domestic and sexual violence, and other groups affected by trauma
- Use the Heart-Math system for trauma reduction in the field or clinic setting
- Community-style acupuncture sessions to give trainees the experience of a mobile group clinic - as a recipient and as a practitioner
Note: This class is being provided by Acupuncturists without Borders at Mayway. All signups and questions regarding this class should be directed to them at their website or by calling (505) 266-3878 or through email at email@example.com.
taught by Susan Johnson, L.Ac.
Part 1: April 11-12 | Part 2: May 9-10 | Part 3: May 30-31
Approved for 15 CA CEUs per part, 45 CEUs total for the series. Approved for 13 NCCAOM PDA points, 39 PDAs total for the series.
A three weekend series, the Master Tung's Magic Points Beginning Series is designed for both beginning and advanced students and the points are appropriate for practitioners at every level. The seminars may be taken as a three-weekend series or individually.
- In the first weekend, Susan will introduce the point system and teach the history, beginning theory, and energetics of the points. Students will learn the points of the hands and arms.
- In the second weekend, students will learn points of the feet and legs. The material will be concentrated on point study rather than general theory, students will learn theory as related to individual points.
- In the third weekend, students will learn points of the face, head, and torso. At this point of the series, students have the foundation to understand more theory so they will learn a brief but essential piece of the advanced theory of Master Tung's Points.