Coronavirus & Safety of Chinese Herbs
The 2019 Novel Coronavirus, or 2019-nCoV, is a respiratory virus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. This is a new coronavirus that has not been previously identified. As of the date of this writing, how it spreads is not yet confirmed, but it is believed to be spread through person-to-person contact such as from a cough or sneeze. It is a serious illness that may be spread by individuals unaware that they are already infected.
Because our products are sourced and manufactured in China, we want to address any concerns our customers and your patients may have about the safety of our products, particularly regarding the possibility of a virus contaminating Chinese herbs and herbal products.
GMP Process Our manufacturing partners follow GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) regulations. Specific to the factories processing our herbs and making our pills and tablets, some of our product safety steps include:
- UV lights to sterilize surfaces at the end of each shift
- Continuous filtration of air to remove microbial organisms
- Regular monitoring of temperature and humidity readings throughout the building
- All workshops cleaned and equipment sanitized between batches
- All manufacturing utensils sanitized after each use
- Restricting personnel access to manufacturing areas
Staff Cleanliness In addition to building and air protection, our manufacturing partners also adhere to strict procedures for all workers prior to entering the manufacturing floor. For all areas, this includes:
- Change into clean uniforms
- Scrub down hands with soap and hot water
- Wear hair covers
- Wear gloves
- Wear face masks
- Wear shoe covers
- Special protective clothing for specific manufacturing tasks
Protection is Key A strong immune system is the best option for supporting your patients during any viral outbreak. Consider stocking up on herbs and formulas that promote a healthy immunity defense such as Reishi/Ling zhi mushroom, Astragalus (Huang qi) root, and Yu Ping Feng.